Monday, October 20, 2014

Life for Mary

This past week I made 4 NEW recipe's to take to events, and they all ROCKED. And got multiple compliments and requests for the recipe. I like when that happens. I know It doesn't quite sound like a good plan to be trying out new recipes on groups of people, but it somehow feels like a better idea experimenting with grousp of 30+ people than 4.

 Recipe #1: Christmas Breakfast Sausage Casserole =
(via
I took this to a MOPS meeting where groups take turns providing brunch. I made some changes based on the review (first off I doubled it, increased the eggs and decreased the milk, added mushrooms. And probably increased the cheese). It turned out really well. I have always been hesitant/skeptical of breakfast casseroles. I am not a fan of eggs, but I LOVED this. And it freezes well. Recipe

 #2: Pumpkin Dump Cake
Probably my favorite dessert growing up was a dump cake, so to me- it is a completely normal thing. It is a desert/cake where you dump (literally) all the ingredients in a pan and bake! Normally fruit/pie filling, pour a cake mix on top, blast it with butter, and THEN bake. Delicious I promise. I took it to a RS activity (a church women's activity) and this one was very much a hit! I didn't put a 'topping' on it, but everyone said that it was perfect as is.

#3:Slow Cooker Sweet and Tangy Meatballs

I have been wanting to make these for a while, and finally got the chance! We had a friend get baptized this past Saturday and we had some 'snacks' afterwards, and I made these and was astonished at how quickly they disappeared! They were good. I would recommend doubling the batch. And I have it on good authority they taste great with ice cream.

#4: The BEST Slow Cooker Baked Beans

 
The third Sunday of every month our church has a potluck, so it's nice to have a chance to make something new every month. I haven't ever made baked beans before, so I am not an expert to say if these really ARE the best, but they were good. They were a bit time consuming, I gotta admit. Although, instead of onions I used shallots. Someone in our last living area (western Nebraska), gave us a bag- and oh my! They are strong, Just in chopping 2 cups worth I had to take at least 3 breaks.
But anyways, mmmm. They will be worth making again.



And there you have it. That is basically what I did this last week =]

0 comments:

Post a Comment