Thursday, October 16, 2014

Just Me

Today I thrived. Thrived on frustration, and pizza, and watching re-runs of How I Met Your Mother. I thrived on the YMCA's time letting my children learn and play with others while I read and chatted with mothers. I thrived on another week and a half spent only using 1/4 tank of gas. I thrived on speed, on commands and demands, and I thrived. At least, I tried. I vacummed and excercised. I checked the mail and signed papers. I read some books and made heated up lunch. But I wilted inside. A chair carelessly placed on my foot and butter swimming in pudding. Pooppy panties and crying babies, made my thriving decline. I yelled her name too many times. And laughed at it not enough. I thrived on that moment when he came home, and my world was all OKAY. I thrived at the high pitched screaming, during our bath time routine. Tonight was hair washing night. It wasn't a sight to be scene. While I may shirk at my motherly duties, be sure I will always make up in one way or another. Tonight I thrived on being im-perfect. But in the end, I am still e.

0 comments:

Post a Comment