Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The best conversations are had in your sleep

Did you know that it is dark at 5 am in most places? True story. This will be important to remember.

The other day I was supposed to open at work, (backstory- I got a part time job at a daycare. Yes, the kids can come with me) which would mean me being their at 5, and optimizing my sleep, I woke up at 4:30. I was quickly running late, and running around the house (in the dark, as quietly as I can), looking for keys (since it was so early, Joe was keeping my car with the car seats till the kids woke up, SO I was looking for HIS truck keys). 

ANYWAYS, after having no attempt finding the keys in any of the usual places, I was forced to wake Joe up to ask him (though I had to be quiet because Seamus was asleep in our bed too).

Me: *tapping joe* Joe?
Joe: *Shoots straight up and looks around* huh?
Me: Joe, where are your keys?
Joe: On the ring.
Me: *confused* Ring? What ring?
Joe: The ring (as if this is the most normal thing in the world)
Me: Where is the ring? *frustrated*
Joe : *waves his hand around the room* on the floor somewhere.
Me: *REALLY frustrated and muttering*: really? Why would you put your keys on the floor on some random ring?

So after throwing all our clean & unfolded clothes around the room in search of some stupid ring with his keys, Joe remains still on the bed just watching.

Joe: Don't worry about all that, I will pick it up (points for him)
Me: I am not worried about the clothes, I am worried about finding this stupid ring.
Joe: What ring?

At this point I stop. Stare at him, and give him my dirtiest evil eye.

Me: The ring you told me your keys were on.
Joe: Just take my keys. 
Me: That is what I am looking for. *sighs* Where are your key?
Joe: In my truck.

Then goes back to sleep.
A few hours later,  I ask Joe if he remembers what happens, and he said, "You were asking me a bunch of weird questions about a ring."

Yeah. That was all me.

1 comment:

  1. Bwahahahaha this it's the most hilarious thing ever!

    ReplyDelete