Thursday, August 28, 2014

Flooded

The Great Plains/Midwest flooded these last two days. Supposedly.
I am quite sure our little town of 974 sure did. 

Because of the thunder/rain storm, we spent the last two days inside, seeking refuge from the intense storm that wailed outside around us.

Of course, that means a LOT of pent up toddler energy. Even after you walk to the store in the rain (because of course the rain stopped for like 10 minutes so you think it is safe to go out.) only to turn around because I forgot my wallet. Granted it is only about .6 miles form my house, but.....we were soaked by the time we got home. And seeing as a highway is the main road in our town, I had a lot of pathetic stares coming my way. 

So what is left?  Puddle jumping. Of course.

Or puddle swimming. 

Yeah, definitely puddle swimming.





ps....I promise the entire town does not look as ghetto as these pictures make it seem. We just happen to live right across the street from a mobile home park and rail road track, and ya.....




1 comment:

  1. Yay puddles! And Sariah looks like a Barbie with her hair and the teal pink combo. :) In a good way.

    ReplyDelete