Friday, January 4, 2013

That's awkward....

I constantly tell Joe about all the awkward thing's I read/hear about during my day.
Normally it is via Facebook or blogs.


Like, reading a post about a new "fur baby" and getting confused because the children have dog names. Really?


Or when people cut you off, but wave. Like that just made the whole thing ok. I bet they don't do that when they cut off a police officer. 

Or when your wonderful husband forgets the dog leashes at the dog park one night, and when you go back the next day- they are gone. (Note the awkward part). Then a week later, you see a person at the same dog park- with your leash (and you KNOW it is yours because you MADE them yourself), just dragging on the ground, still connected to their dog. Awkward and irritating.

When you are checking out, and are buying gum/candy, but not for yourself- or not to be consumed soon, but the checked sets it on the counter for you anyways. And as nice as the thought is, you wish they had asked- like the used to. Then you just have to take it and awkwardly place it in a bag yourself.

(Ok, so far I have realized that only one of these things was actually on a blog/Facebook.)


Like when you see people post a normal statement as their Facebook status, and then ruin it with an ellipsis (You know, the dots, like these ones: ...). Such as: "My aunt gave me the new Wii..." or "I made the best quesadilla for lunch..." or another, "My daughter just woke up and said "World Domination" as her first word so I will go to Disney Land today..."
These are awkward. Can people not see that? (Of course, they are more awkward when I read them, but I can't remember how to make them awkward right now).

This picture really doesn't apply to much, but it is really super amazing. 

When people are like, "I'm Pregnant! I am due in 9 1/2 months!".
I gotta admit, when I first found I was pregnant with Sariah- I knew nothing about it all, and announced at being about 6-7 weeks pregnant. I soon learned better and wish I had waited till I was in the 2nd trimester.
And I love that so many people are pregnant- I really do, and I don't mean to discourage anyone, it is just kinda funny. You are just so darn excited you don't want to hold it in- you want everyone to know and celebrate, and I get that.






So, yes. I of course wish I could remember all those awkward encounters I had, but, alas, I do not.




What are some of your favorite awkward moments this week?


5 comments:

  1. Lol I thought we were telling a bit early at 11ish weeks, but I figured it was okay since we'd heard the heartbeat and the doc said that we were both healthy and right on track. I don't think I'd announce it to the world quite that soon... Because, yes, that would be an awkward situation if a miscarriage occurred.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I have known a few people who have had to re-tract their statements. And I think they were comforted with support, which is nice- but it just seems awkward still.

      Delete
  2. When people LIE on facebook and it's too petty to be the one saying "IT'S A LIE!" Lol, maybe I have issues, but my sis-in-law who blatantly failed out of college posts that she graduated and got her degree. >_< Awkward!

    Or when people kiss my stomach without asking. Well, even if they did ask...errrrrrr, no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! And I love that pig picture because I'm trying to make a flying pig mobile (as in the nursery thing, not a car, ha!) for future baby, and that picture is SO AWESOME! I might print and frame that.... :D :D
    As for leash, I'd be like, hey, did you happen to find those here at the park? If they deny it, I guess just let it go. :/ Super awkward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the picture! It is awesome- and totally you.
      Oh, and that is awkward- both things. I never realized how personal I was going to be till I was pregnant.

      Delete