Thursday, January 3, 2013

Let's face the resolutions.

I have never really made a New Years resolution. Not that I can recall, and if I did- I never wrote it down. So I thought, this year, since all the blogging world is doing it- and life is changing and I am trying to better myself, that maybe, just maybe, it would help me to actually think about it, write it down- and actually work on some goals. Hmmm? Sounds like a plan, huh? Well, we shall see.


1. Teach Scout to track
I gotta admit, I feel like this one is a bit of a cop-out, because I know it is gonna be more Joe's field, but it will have to be a family activity. Since we have Scout, we always toyed with the idea that instead of hunting with her, we would like to train her to to search and rescue. And so we have since she was little, trained her to track a bit. Living in Nebraska, with no mountains or beach around- we feel a bit lost and aren't sure what to commit to doing for our hobby. So, we have committed that since we have Scout- and we believe FIRMLY that dog's should have purposes- that we want to get her to track (and eventually search and rescue). This year, we want to get her all certified to be VST tracking certified.




2. Read more
I have weeks where I will read a few books really fast and be all hardcore about it, but I often lose it the moment I pick up a bad book. And that is what I want my main goal to be- to not be deterred by a bad book. I want to pick up any book, and be able to read it in a normal length of time, whether it is fiction, sci-fi, biography, romance, etc.

Any good recommendations?

3. Disconnect myself with Facebook
I really don't like that place, but I know that I am not capable of letting go. Not yet, at least. So I want to monitor myself. And I expect that the less I go on, the happier I will be. Yes, I expect it- I expect it would happen to most people. I want to start with trying to only check Facebook once a day (I know that sounds sad, I am just one of those people that just robotically checks it when I am waiting in the car/bored).


4. Feel better about myself
I have no idea how to do this. I have seen random pins on Pinterest about this- and quotes everywhere, but they all seem vague/fake/common. I want to LOVE my body, the way I look and feel. I don't have to be model-esq, or beauty queen. I just want to know that when Sariah grows up, and reaches that troublesome age when she hates her body, that I can look at her, loving my OWN body and self, and tell her she will do- and how to do it. If I can't respect myself or my own body- how will she respect me, or herself?


5. Voice myself more
In everything. At church I want to share my thoughts. I want to share myself with my journal more. I want to be more open and honest here on my blog. I want to share my views on things with my family. I want to find my voice and be true to it. 



2 comments:

  1. Your baby is really cute.
    Your dog is really cute.
    I may be jealous of both.
    When my family had cattle dogs, they could herd, and it was SOOOO much fun because they would herd the little kids home when they arrived from the bus stop. So if Scout becomes a tracker, it could have some at home application. :)

    ReplyDelete