Thursday, December 20, 2012

Why I Hate Social Media

#1. It makes your CARE.

Ya, that may sound like a good thing. But I don't mean it that way.
You know those people that you are friends with, but really don't like? And every time post something, update something, or whatever, you are criticizing them? Social Media makes you CARE about that stuff. All that stupid stuff. I really don't care what that girl from high school who dropped out and has no job and is a druggie thinks...but oh, when she has an 'opinion' on politics, I CARE.
I don't really CARE what that friend on Facebook is doing with her life, but oh, I will judge her harshly for it and rant about how stupid it is.
Because for some reason, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, whatever, makes me CARE.

Via

#2. YOU NEVER GROW UP

Honestly. People play endless games of farmville. People post witty pictures of "I'm pregnant!", status updates about getting married and all for the sake of competing. Really, most of the professional pictures people take anymore are geared to Social Media. I mean, come on- I have seen some stupid Engagement pictures, and they belong no where else but on the internet- which I am sure they realized too. 
Basically, Social Media makes you compete. Who can have the cutest wedding album? Who can announce the gender of their baby the cutest way? It's like flying to Neverland with Pete Pan only to find out he is fighting with a Pirate over a crocodile all the time.



#5. Trolling


"Thart of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue. "  
(Sorry for the language. Credit due to Urban Dictionary).

So, when things like this come out, you wish people wouldn't even respond or talk about it. Just let the person think they are smart, then laugh at their face- but don't repost. Because some people out there will believe it.

(This is most likely a perfect example of Trolling. Also as seen recently on Facebook is the Morgan Freeman quote, the 3 police officers crying about connecticut, and the girl who supposedly wrote a letter.)

#4. Anyone can use them.


It's just true. People say you should require license to vote or have a gun? I call for testing to be done to have Social Media.




The End. 

2 comments:

  1. This is VERY true. There is ONE friend on my friend list that I get nervous about when I post ANYTHING. XD Social media allows me to be super judgmental, which is bad. Like, President Uchtdorf would tell me to STOP IT bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I keep telling myself that I just need to go onto Facebook less, but it is so hard. Instead I end up ranting to Joe about all the annoying things people say that drive me crazy. The easiest solution is just to stop using it, but at this point- it almost seems as important as a phone!

    ReplyDelete