Saturday, October 13, 2012

Raising 3 Children

Everytime I walk into the dog park (Pushing Sariah's bike trailer with a dog in each hand), people comment to me, "Wow! You have a lot to handle. It's like your raising 3 babies!"

Not really. It's more like I am raising one baby/toddler. A puppy. And an old maid.
Because in truth, that is what they each are. 
But, they do each in turn add chaos to my life.

Like yesterday, Sariah didn't want to cooperate.
She walked around with her arms in the air saying, "Hold me!" So I would pick her up. And she would just pull on and twist my skin. ARGH. Worst feeling ever. 
Then she didn't want to take a nap- and just wanted to bite instead.
If she is teething, she really should just tell me, right?

Then last night, we went to Old Chicago (which was amazing, btw) for a date. Sariah has reached that age where- we probably shouldn't take her to restaurants anymore. 
She throws food. Drops silverware. And just doesn't not want to eat. 

But, after all was said and done, we arrived home with a sleeping baby (VICTORY!). 
We snuggled up in bed, watched Big Bang Theory, and went to sleep.
Till about 1:30 in the morning, when it started to rain. 
Then at 3 in the morning, a HUGE thunderstorm erupted, like a killer whales attacking seals on beaches.
I am soooooooo surprised thankful Sariah did not wake up. 
So we laid awake for another 1 1/2 listening to the storm. 
It was loud and cool.
But, the Old Maid (Penny) had to freak out. 
And thought that running around the house was a safer place to be then with us.
Eventually she settled for our bathtub.
Which I was more than all correct with. =]

Then there is Scout....who just is a German Shorthair Pointer.
Which means that she can easily reach any food on the counter, she can jump onto our table, and has unlimited energy.

Ya, pretty much sounds like 3 children after all....






Oh, and by the way, Alyssa and Impractical Compositions is having a giveaway. Bow ear warmers! They are cute. And It is getting cold. Honestly, when we left Idaho, a part of my convinced the rest of me that I would NEVER be living in the cold again.
So, I think I need these.
Go check it out. =]







0 comments:

Post a Comment