Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Feeling like a BFF

I don't really intend for this blog to be a 'mommy' blog.
But I am sort of having a hard time defining what I DO want it to be, or be about.
Pretty much everything.
Home making (Supposedly a lost art)
Agriculture (Because people NEED to be informed)
Writing (It is what I do)
Dogs (Yup)
All things happy and funny, and, you know, my life. 

So, here is a post about Sariah.

One thing you should know, is that probably my deepest wish and desire in having children- is that I can always be their friend. I want to connect with them more than just through blood. We are humans, not vampires after all.

The other day the three (5 if you count the furry creatures) of us were on a walk. Well, Joe and I were trying to go on a walk- Sariah wanted to stop and play with the weeds *Strange girl*. So, I had to pick her up and carry her- so, you know, we could at least get out of the parking lot.

Another thing I should note, is that Sariah is a perfect combination of Joe and I. I was so surprised when she came out looking so much like me. I was almost expecting her to come out black, I didn't think she would look a thing like me. But she is the perfect combination. I would say about 70% me, and 30% Joe- just enough to not question her legitimacy (jk). She has a lot of his attitude (The stern face of- "What? You think I am just going to hand over my approval- like it is something you just get? Heck no! It has to be earned! Work for it!" as she tries to tell all the people who smile at her at the store).
But, she has SO MANNY OF MY MANNERISMS.

Like, scrunching up her nose (Below is the best picture I could find of her doing it). It is something I have done, and something she does.

SOOO, anyways, back to the story. So, I was holding her- which she did not like. So she wrinkled/scrunched up her nose and started to breathe hard through her nose to show her dislike. I, in turn, got close to her face and did the same thing to her.
AND SHE LAUGHED.
(SHe had the curtesy not to do it in my face at least- NO, she leaned her head back and laughed).
Then, she would look at me and star to scrunch her nose again to do it- but I would do it first, and she would laugh again. We continued this for a few minutes.

Oh, it was the BEST game ever. I loved it. And I loved seeing her connect what we were doing- and having fun with it.
It was an AMZING feeling of love and friendship. Something I want to always remember.
At 4 am, at the doctors office, changing a diaper, when I am giving her a bath and she decides I need to be wet to, WHENEVER, WHATEVER, WHEREVER, I hope that I can always remember how it felt to be my littles girls BEST FRIEND.
















6 comments:

  1. Oh, she is just too cute!!! I'm sure you guys will always be best friends... even if you have the occasional disagreement in her teenage years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thanks =] I sure hope I can just knock common sense into her then!

      Delete
  2. Ha, cute! It's funny 'cause Garth always says that Sariah looks so much like Joe. Probably because guys notice guy features more? Huh. Anywho, I think every mom hopes to be their child's friend, I just hope my kids will still like me when they are in their teens!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, that is funny. Normally, Joe's friends/men/family tend to see him- and everyone else tend to see me in her. =]

      Delete
  3. I don't think you guys will have any problem being friends! She certainly loves you now! ;o) I love that picture of the two of you with her in the stroller! Adorable.

    Thanks so much for the sweet compliments on my home remodel, too! It was so much work, but it definitely paid off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She is just starting to understand to smile at pictures, and it is so cute! And yes, your home certainly looks like a lot of hard work! =]

      Delete