Thursday, January 8, 2015

Like blizzard conditions

The weather in South Dakota is miserable this week. It has been in the negatives all week, with wind chills that would freeze the ears off my dogs (literally). 

Our car is rather sensitive and won't start in the cold (about 11 degrees is the aviv spot), so that has either left me and the kids to tough the cold and walk, or stay home and go crazy (a mix of both occurred).

We have enjoyed having a house to go crazy in at least! It has helped the experience quite a lot! 

In other news, Séamus enjoys climbing, and expects someone to always be there to catch him. So
Sariah got "stuck" when she tried to go down a slide head first (she got scared). 
Sariah has become a true fish in water.
Séamus loves having the dogs arond.
So does Sariah, really. 
My kids broke the only key I had to the primary cabinets, so that's awesome.


Oh, a few weeks ago I made cookies for all the primary kids (specifically the Sunday before Christmas). I had laid a last layer of finish on our floors, then made the cookies and went to bed. The next morning I bagged the cookies and went to church. I handed out the cookies, and there was one left! I took two bites and thought they tasted kinda odd, so I took it to Joe and asked what he thought. 
"They taste like our floor".
Yep. The smell of the stain stained the smell of the cookies (or something). No body said anything unless I told them, and some people were even heard to say they tasted good, so ehh. No body has died yet. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment