Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I support Capi Sun

via
Earlier today, I saw this picture with this caption (along with a different photo of the capri sun emptied into a coke bottle) :

"WARNING TO ALL PARENTS: my friend Jennifer gave her son a caprisun Saturday and he told her it tasted funny. She took a sip and said it tasted like straight alcohol. Cut it open and it was nothing but mold inside. Evidently, this happens a lot. They say the lack of preservatives leaves them susceptible to fermentation. I will never let Delo drink another. FYI: this pouch expires April 2013 and we don't own a delorian to go "back to the future" so it wasn't expired. :) God bless, have a great day!"

-can be found here



This one of the BIGGEST reasons why Facebook disgusts me. The fact that people spread news, and EXPECT it to be validated, because it is on Facebook. No wonder we have such huge problems with politicians- they aren't on Facebook! If only they would create an account, then they would see all our issues and problems would be solved.

ANYWAYS. I feel that this is stupid, and wrong. I hate when people "will never eat/shop/buy" from or at a place again because of one incident- that normally, has NEVER happened to them. Such as case above. (Also, all those cases in grade school when people were like, "I saw Taco Bell being fumagated five years ago! So I never eat there." Never made sense to me).

I also instantly want to discredit ANYONE who can't vouch for something THEM SELF. Case above in point. It was her FRIEND, not her. Does her friend really not have a FB account? Or is the lady just to embarrassed to admit it was her? Do not start telling me stories of your mom's-best friends-cousins-husband. Or even a story you heard once that happened to your teacher, and then try to spread rumors that will hurt someone. It is wrong.

Plus, looking through the comments, the lady who posted it just kept focusing on how many shares the post had gotten. Why is Facebook only about popularity? Clearly this already invalidates her post, seeing as clearly she just wanted hype.

I am not arguing that this is not a real concern, apparently it does and can happen.
WHY?
Well, the lady admits it herself- and so does Capri Sun- PROUDLY. Because they don't use any preservatives. You know, the things that all those new fad diets want you to stay away from? The things that doctors tell you to avoid? Ya, can you believe it? Capri Sun has the balls to leave out preservatives from their drinks!
So clearly, knowing this, you should understand that fermenting can happen. Heck, if I don't clean out Sariahs Camelback water bottle frequently enough, her apple juice will ferment (and I mean 2 days). So, I am sorry- but this is just dumb.

And, then people have the guts to call Capri Sun out on it on Facebook (because that is how all adults should handle their problems, you know), and then get all puffed up when they don't respond IMMEDIATELY. Because, you know, Capri Sun the company has nothing better to do than sit around and surf around Facebook, to see what all of its other competitors are doing. "Oh hey, Pepsi and Coke are going for a group run today. I wish they had invited me". Yep. All day long.
And they did respond. And it was nicely written, and clearly explained that fermenting can happen- and people should be aware, but it has never been a concern. Which can be read more about HERE.


I have no idea how 'big' this issue actually is, but it bothers me that people just believe what one person says- no matter the truth, or lack of, behind their argument. If you are gonna drink a juice box that has no preservatives that can last on a shelf for a year or so, be smart and realize, fermentation and mold can happen. Don't go cry to Facebook about it, okay? Okay.


End rant.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I totally agree! Although if I PERSONALLY have a bad experience with a place, I don't give second chances.
    This post should apply to Pinterest, as well. Don't believe every miraculous pin you find! :P

    And I love Capri suns and just have issues with how small they are. :)

    ReplyDelete