Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Penny for your Thought?

+ Sariah walks around the house carrying a book she wants us to read for her. And when we sit down, she smiles and climbs into our lap. So when I go to the library for toddler time, she can't help but be up front and personal.

+Joe decided to go on a last minute trip tomorrow to check on some research fields today. I was informed of this at about 7 pm tonight, when we are having the missionaries over for dinner tomorrow- which he wont be here for. Oi.

+I burned the beef bourguignon I was [trying] to make for dinner.
I feel like a failed chef.
Am I allowed to cook after this?
I feel like the ghost of Julia Childs is going to come back and haunt me forever.
(Plus, Joe found it very ironic and funny that this was the same dish in the movie that was a big deal about burning as well. I am not laughing yet).

+I often let Sariah play with my phone. I am actually amazed at what she can accomplish- considering how many buttons you have to press to get anywhere on a smart phone. She finally learned to take pictures. WIN.

+ Trying to sweep with a toddler is irritatingly difficult. A pile of filth and lint should NOT be that fun to destroy.

+ I have decided to leave the most funny and FANTASTIC anonymous comments on peoples blogs. It will be legendary.

The End.

2 comments:

  1. You're doing Julia Child's recipes?? Holy cow! I've wanted to make that one too, it looked good in the movie! But there is no humor in burning meat, especially since I know you guys are on a tight budget and meat is pricey. :( Better luck next time!

    (And as a fellow English nerd, YAAAY libraries!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, no...actually I guess I mis-represented myself. It was a recipe from Better Homes & Garden. But I felt like I could relate to Julia Childs. =]

    ReplyDelete