Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas Time is here!



I am linking up with a bunch of other bloggers to talk about Christmas.
Because it is a FANTASTIC time of the year.

I have officially commanded that all radio stations be stuck on the Christmas channel.
Well, just our household.
Okay, well I haven't old Joe. It's a given.

But, anyways. For the last 2 days they have been having a radio-a-thon for the "adopt a family" program. It made me happy when they would report that all of the families of 8 had been adopted, or when all the elderly people had been adopted.

I was driving to the Children's Museum and had to turn the radio off when they announced that all they had left were 4 families. It made me happy. I wish people were this giving all year long. But I am happy that people still care.


Tonight we officially kicked off the Christmas season with our first festive event. The Lincoln's Children Museum had a "Holiday Spectacular" that included Christmas story readings, Ginger bread house making, and Santa!
In all reality, you had to pay for most things or get there really early to get a ticket.
But still, Sariah loves it there.
Except it was SUPER packed. And hot. And the toddler section that is meant for kids under 3 was filled with obnoxious 8 year old boys running around throwing balls everywhere.
Sorry, this is supposed to be a Christmas post.
By the way, Sariah wants to be a vet.


Anyways. It was a great evening, and it was wonderful to be together as a family doing something for Christmas.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining our Bloggers for Christmas linky party!
    Happy Christmastime!

    http://lifeoflt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! She'll be a great vet, since she already has a knack with Scout. I always kinda get :( when it turns out the fun activities cost money at an event. Let it be freeeeee! :D (Which is why I love LDS Christmas Parties, wooohoooo!)

    ReplyDelete