Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Orange you going to say banana?

When you really come down to it, the thing is, I don't like fall.
As simple as that.
I am astounded at the overwhelming amount of blogs, Facebook status's, cute pictures and pin's I am seeing on the web about peoples overwhelming love for the season I deem as the "Monday of seasons" or "Armpit of the seasons". 

I was thinking about why I do not like this season, and really, it makes a lot of sense.

1. I was born and raised here


Doesn't make sense? Well, this is the central coast of California. A place where we boast of our perfect 70 degree weather all year long. Where the winters are short and the summers and longer. Its perfection. Seasons rarely exist. So I am not one to favor a change in temperature, let alone the constant varying in degrees that fall inevitably brings- one day it will be cold, the next warm, then rainy. But growing up, I could depend on the weather to be "nice".

2. Fall is the Monday of seasons.
Fall is really like Monday. It means school is back in session. It means colder weather, an end to summer festivities like beaches, and endless days of sunlight and playing. It is the season you have to get through to get to Winter (which I love because 1-Christmas, and 2-my birthday. Along with the fact that there are LOTS more Holidays), then you deal with Spring, then, joy abounds with SUMMER once again, the true weekend of the seasons.

3. Leaves.
Growing up we had two LARGE trees in our front yard. In california, at least where I lived, leaves din't turn pretty colors. They went from green- to on the ground dead. And being the youngest that I was, had to rake them up. What seemed like every day. So, my memory of leaves and the relationship that we have ends at raking. 

4. Clothes.
I hate the idea of layering on and off clothes just to enter buildings and go outside. The only good things Scarves do is protect me from potential vampire threats. And Gloves are just hard to function in.

5. Pumpkins.
I am not a pumpkin fan. Honestly, for as much as people "CLAIM" to love chocolate- they always seem to opt out for Pumpkin pie instead of Chocolate when it is offered. I, on the other hand, will stay a true fan. 

6. Halloween. 
Ya, just not my thing. As a kid it was fun- but now I just find it pointless. And black? Totally not my color. I am a bright and cheery sort of gal and choose YELLOW anytime. 

7. Soup & Hot drinks
I LOVE THIS. But I do NOT understand why people classify them as "Fall foods" and not "Winter foods". 


So, there you have it.
I am a rebel.
I am the devils advocate.
I am different.
And I like it.

I mean, don't get me wrong- Fall can have some perks. 
Like, growing up we went every year to Avila Barn area to get apples and apple cider. I LOVED that. 
And I love the smells and scents that come out in candles and such (But more so because they signify the Holiday season, not Fall). 
I love the idea of decorating and crafting- so I will still do that. I just don't look FORWARD to it. I look forward to Winter, and Summer. And that is that.



1 comment:

  1. In rexburg i hated fall because fall means kinda winter anyways. :-P now in vegas where its still upper 90s, i could use just a little bit of a cool down :-) yeah i agree that soups are great year round!! I guess people dont like hot food in the summer?

    ReplyDelete