Thursday, September 27, 2012

It isn't just courtesy, it's the LAW

First off, I am an English major- NOT a grammar major. I like to write. But, I kinda didn't know how to spell courtesy for this post. Oops.

Second off, I HATE driving.
And ever since Joe and I got in a car accident 2 years ago, I have hated being in cars.
It freaks me out, and I am constantly worrying about what accident we will get in next.

So, that being said- it is horrible adapting to new drivers in new areas.
Rexburg was bad, but Nebraska isn't shaping up to be much better.

Case in point #1:
Last week I was picking Joe up from school. The route I take crosses a train track, and my journey is stopped by the occasional train. Like this day. As I came up to the line of cars stopped I realized that there wouldn't be enough room behind the truck in front of me to fit unless I blocked the intersection. But, like a GOOD, LAW ABIDING CITIZEN that I am, I waited, and left the intersection clear. A few cars came up on my left in the turn lane and turned into the street that I left open- I had done good! I was proud.
THEN! A stupid ford decided that waiting in line is too old-school for them, drove around me, and cut in front of me, waiting behind the truck and blocking the intersection now.

Seriously, how rude is that?

Case in point #2:
Yesterday I was driving home from the store, and I came up to a red light. It was a 3 lane road, and I was in the far right side. A BIG semi-truck was attempting to make a left hand turn, blocking the entire intersection. I sat through a whole green light because that truck took up the road!
Didn't make me a happy camper.

Case in point #3:
This.
Can you tell?
Again- people jus do not understand to KEEP THE INTERSECTION CLEAR. It is common courtesy, and I thought the law.

So, people, let's just be nice- and remember that we arn't the ONLY ONES ON THE ROAD.



(By the way all those cars on the left are stopped, not moving.

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya! Im hate driving too, but its wprth it to have the independence i guess. Sigh drivers are not getting much better ANYWHERE these days. :-\

    ReplyDelete