Saturday, September 29, 2012

A little story

So, as I mentioned in this post, last week I taught little kids about being kind to animals in church.
I have been teaching for about 3-4 weeks, and normally I run out of time. Because, they are 3-4 year olds, so they have a short attention span. Very short. And really don't know/answer any of my questions.
So, this week I planed 2 coloring activities (lucky kids). I gave each child a piece of paper and told them to draw their favorite animal. But, they couldn't draw any animals, so, I spent 10 minutes running around the classroom drawing various animals for the kids.
Most of them were easy, a few were fascinated with my fish drawing (you know, the ones you did in like 1st grade). Some were more complicated- a dog, lion, etc. But the hardest one was a little girl who asked me to draw a swan.
A swan?!?!
Other then V's, I am not good at birds. I don't even like birds. They wake me up in the morning. Other then eating and chasing, what good are BIRDS?
So, I did my best to draw her a swan.
She looks at it, then says in a very sad and disappointed voice, "I guess it will just have to be a flamingo".

Well then, I guess a flamingo is just gonna have to be good enough.

3 comments:

  1. Now that is cute! Who is this kid?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her name is Nora. She is really cute. She and another boy are BFF's, and its super cute- he will always get her a chair and they always sit next to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha i like that she managed to cope somehow!

    ReplyDelete