Thursday, March 8, 2012

Campy

I am an English major.
Why?
Honestly, it is all probably because of my dad.
He (and my mom) were always sticklers about English in school. Math and science, not so much. But English? I HAD to get a good grade.
My dad always said that English was the most important subject, then History.
So, I became an English major.

But honestly- I hate grammar.
I hate dissecting sentences. With a passion.
I don't know the difference between an adjective and an adverb.
I think their are too many rules to follow.
And I don't get my words straight.

But I love my major.
I love learning about every aspect of life- from psychology to history and everything in between.
I love reading. Writing. And the occasional editing.
I love learning about random things,and knowing how to write an effective resume, and all the other things I use an English major for.

But honestly, my husband has a much larger vocabulary than I do, and I often do not use my words in the right context. (I also HATE the world condone- because It is to close to condemn,  and the two words should not be so close yet mean such different things).
The other day, I learned about the word campy.
Why?
Because I do not understand the intense fascination people have with Chic-Fil-A.


There. I said it.
I have eaten there twice now, and while their service is GREAT, the food- not so much.
The first time we went there, we were down in Salt Lake, and I really wanted to go to one- so after driving around and finally finding one, I asked Joe:
"Do they have anything other than chicken sandwiches? Because I really don't like them."
He proceeded to stare at me with his, "Really, Mary?" face. And I smiled cutely. And I ate there still.
And I can't find out why they are great, other then the fact that it is campy.
So, if you know- please tell me. =]

Also- if anyone understands why/how people can openly tell their spouse/significant other to any degree- that they think "such and such" or "so and so" actor is HOT or BEAUTIFUL or SEXY or THEIR DREAM PERSON, I would appreciate that as well.
Because I don't think I could handle it if my husband had a "pretend girlfriend", or if he didn't think I was the most beautiful person on the planet. And I am grateful for that.


psst....."Open up your eyes, and see the things that matter MOST"
-Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf.
  Read more here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment