Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello there New Years!

I think I have decided I don't like New Years. 
It will probably change as Sariah gets older- and I can sleep more, and she cares more, and when I don't get woken up at 12:08 a.m. because people have to party and shoot things off and wake up my 16 month old, resulting in a terrible night of sleep. 
I mean, I remember once upon a time liking New Years. I mean, it's cool- you got all your family around, and you get to stay up WAY paste your bedtime and make lots of noise? Who wouldn't like that? Then, you turn 12. Or whatever age. And then it get's cool cause you start to go to like- dances and stuff, so it's fun.
But don't get me wrong...it's not that a baby changed it.
No, we were lame poopy-pants and fell asleep before midnight way before Sariah came. Like, since we have been together, we don't stay up. Partly due to the fact that we always seem to be driving and traveling during that day.....

But, ya.
I also don't quite get New Years Resolutions. Does it really keep people more motivated? Because 365 days is a really long time to remember to do something.

But, anyways. New Years. It's just a confusing time. Like, you don't really celebrate on New Years. But you get the day off- but New Years Eve is the big blow out party time.

But, it is a holiday- so you gotta celebrate it somehow, right? Exactly.
This year, we headed to The Big Apple. Not really. The Big Corn is what I like to call it. AKA, Omaha. Which I find funny- because Lincoln and Omaha are the biggest cities in the deserted state of Nebraska, yet they make up like half the population of the state- at least, and they are 40 min apart. I find it funny, but I think I am the only one...
So, again, anyways, The Big Corn. They had a firework show! Really, why are there not MORE of these? Firework shows on New Years? Sounds like a genius idea to me! Clearly Joe as well, since he suggested it.

And, we rocked New Years Eve (also, I didn't realize my complete and utter disgust with the holiday until 12:08 a.m. that night/morning).

We went to COSTCO. (Okay, so Lincoln has TWO Sam's Clubs. But no Costco's. Omaha has one of each. Make sense to anyone?)  TWICE. Ya, we went twice. Because, well, we got to Omaha a bit
early and had to fill our time somehow.


And FIVE GUYS. 
Sorry, all photos are phone pictures. Sorry!

Okay, so I have heard numerous reviews about this place- most of them good. So, we were pretty excited to finally go. And they had me sold with this sign.

Yes, we ate potatoes from SUGAR CITY. About 15 min away from where we lived in Idaho. Good memories. =]


But, that was actually pretty much it. I mean, they were good- and we liked pretty much everything about the place. The fries were really good. The atmosphere was fun, and besides not having shakes, we liked the place. And ultimately we decided we wouldn't mind going back, but probably won't. 

Sariah REALLY likes dipping her food in any sauce she can.
We LOVE Red Robin. And it would have only cost us about $10 more to eat there than Five Guys. And, In-n-out is still king for Fast Food. So, for us if we are going to sit down some place for a burger- Red Robin. If we are in a hurry, In-n-out. So, that's my word. Take it as it is.


And we went to a DOG PARK. No news there. We always go to dog parks.
And I got a NEW PHONE. Okay, not quite. I just replaced my cracked screen phone. Thank you, Apple.
Also, we went to SCHEELS. We have one here in Lincoln and go to it often. But it is so small compared to the one in Omaha- it made me upset that ours is lame. Like, theres had a ferris wheel- our's has nothing of the sort. Rip off, right? Just because we are a smaller city doesn't mean we don't care as much.
And CABELA'S, which Sariah slept through so Joe went in- realized that hunters don't read, and came out. (He was looking for a dog tracking book. No luck!).
Then finally, we got a space heater, found a place to park- and watched the Fire works. Sariah LOVED them and was so fascinated. It was awesome. There was a park that they had taped off to light them from, but we didn't feel like parking miles away and walking in the cold. But I highly recommend this event for local Huskers.  =]

Happy Face!

That is our new space heater on the bottom, keeping us warm as we watch the show! 


So, overall, New Years is pretty cool. Although it sucks that the day you are celebrating and partying and not worrying about errands, is the day everyone is open. Then the next day when you have nothing to do, everyone is closed. New Years, you confuse me so.


Happy 2013 to all!
And sorry for the sporadic and long post.


The End.

8 comments:

  1. Ah Mary, I remember you loving to dip your food in....anything - but mostly Ranch Dressing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer in-n-out to five guys, but mike and I still occasionally have a five guys date night.

    And Lincoln needs a Costco.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! and yay for Five Guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm following your lovely blog back from the "Great Blog Train"!
    Thanks
    Angie
    godsgrowinggarden.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! Love having new people join! =]

      Delete
  5. I love fireworks, too! -Marci

    Thank you for linking up to The Great Blog Train!
    Angie@godsgrowinggarden.com
    Marci@stonecottageadventures.com
    Helen@blueeyedbeautyblogg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop. Cute blog, I can't wait to read more!
    -Melanie@ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Excited to follow up on your blog too!

      Delete