Thursday, September 20, 2012

Don't hate my because I am human. Hate my because I can't fly.

When I go through my clothes to "thin out" my closet, I always look at shirts I am not ready to part with and think, "But what if I need to paint- this could be my painting shirt!" And set it aside to be used at a make-believe point in time that will most likely, never happen.

When I drive under a tunnel or over train tracks, I am overcome with the urge to 1- lift up my feet, 2- hold my breath, and 3- frantically look for a nail (or metal) in these new cars that have hidden them so well It makes it difficult to drive, but my youthful spirit cannot deny this one joy in life.

When I go to sleep at night, I make sure the blanket is wrapped around my neck- somehow saving me from possible vampire attacks (Thanks, Buffy).

When I hear someone use the word "Condone" in a sentence, in my head, it is condemn. And this is what happens:
*Teacher* Because I am kind, I condone giving homework on the weekend.
*Me* What??

When I see a square, I always imagine how I could trace it and make an X through it without re-tracing any lines.

When I am in a laundry mat all alone, I go through all the dryers to take out all the lint.

When I drive, I always step on the break to change gears.

When I change Sariahs diaper, it is always like a secret contest her and I have. Will this diaper be the NEW WORST DIAPER? Stay turned for next time when we find out!

When I walk away from someone I just met, I continue to have a fake conversation with them in my head. Just so I can figure out who the truly are.

When I go on car trips, I zone in and out based on how interesting the conversation is- and normally imagine I am riding a horse alongside the car out of child-hood fantasy.



0 comments:

Post a Comment