Saturday, April 25, 2015

Let Them Be Little

Yesterday I went swimming with some friends and their children.

This is a weekly occurrence for our group, and with 7 kids 6 & under and 3 adults, we are getting this routine down to a science. We have been doing this for about 2-3 months now. I also noticed yesterday and that we becoming more comfortable with our bodies and selves around each other too. Not always running to the bathroom to change or hiding our bodies.

I learned yesterday, that sometimes its not bad to do that either.

As I was getting my swim suit on, my friends little 4 year old boy asked me
"Why do you have hair in your arm pits?"
(At first I thought he was asking why do I wear my armpits, which made it even more embarrassing.)
 "Because I didn't shave" I replied with a sheepish grin.

To which his older, 6 year old sister said, "YOU DON'T SHAVE???" Like I ate the last of the ice cream of something.


Let them be little. And let only a 4 & 6 year old make you question your body image...

0 comments:

Post a Comment